Sunday, July 16, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 07-15-2023: The Heat is On, Deep Cat Nap, I Have a Few Questions for Dr. Bieber

1. I should have played the soundtrack from Beverly Hills Cop today and listened again and again to "The Heat is On". 

I know, Kellogg isn't Pheonix or other hotter places in the USA, but it was hot enough to keep me indoors.

I am working on making sure to get up and move around indoors, get steps in here in the house, and not give in to the temptation to stay seated in a comfortable chair all day long.

I can do better, but I partially succeeded today by vacuuming, tending to the litter pans, sweeping the bedroom floor, and performing other tasks around the house.

2. This afternoon, I decided I hadn't been spending quite enough time with Copper and Luna in the bedroom. They are impressively cooperative with the arrangement we have established. Gibbs hassles Copper and Luna relentlessly if they are in the same room he is, so we keep them separated. Luckily, Copper and Luna relax and lie around contentedly behind the closed door of the bedroom or the Vizio room.

Gibbs just can't do the same! He can't relax behind a closed door. Ha!

So this afternoon I lay down with Copper and Luna. Luna immediately leapt onto my upper body, her front legs on my shoulder, her hind legs on my chest. 

I found her light weight pressing on me relaxing, as was having Copper press himself against my lower legs.

I fell asleep.

It was a refreshing and deep cat nap.

3. I'd been experiencing some low level anxiety after my blood draw on Friday. It was a relief that Labcorp posted my results so promptly this morning. I was relieved that so many of my numbers, with a couple of exceptions, were so stable. (The relief led to my deep afternoon sleep.)  

I see Dr. Bieber on Thursday and I'll discuss with him the conversation I had with the transplant nephrologist in Spokane back in February. That doctor urged me to have transplant surgery as soon as possible. Dr. Bieber (like Dr. Jones and Dr. Malik before him) have leaned much more toward not sending me into surgery as long as I'm feeling good and my numbers remain stable.

So, on Thursday, I'll also seek Dr. Bieber's insight into the few numbers in my bloodwork that are out of range and about my status on the transplant list. 

I'd also like to know more about whether my intolerance of heat and sun are connected to having chronic kidney disease. 

No comments: