Saturday, July 29, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 07-28-2023: Walking with Dylan, Sitting with Riley, Debbie's Ready to Fly East

1. I discovered this morning that a morning walk down to McDonald's and back, while listening (again) to Bob Dylan's book, The Philosophy of Modern Song is fun and that Bob Dylan's insights and assertions range, to me, from the brilliant to the insane. (I can't tell if he's pulling his readers' legs or if he's serious when he makes his case for polygamy.)

2. Riley continues to recover (pretty well it seems) from his surgery on Monday. His tail had to be removed because of a cancerous tumor on it and he had a benign tumor removed from near his hindquarters. It takes two devices, a cone and a comfort collar, to keep him from licking the sites of the surgeries and, as it would be for any dog, this arrangement has been difficult for Riley. Today, Christy had a 1 p.m. appointment and I sat with Riley for an hour and a half or so. He was under the influence of a medicine to lower his anxiety and it worked! Riley was still and calm while I was with him and I was still and calm, too, as I slowly but surely completed the Friday NYTimes crossword puzzle. 

Christy took a picture of us when she returned home. It's at the bottom of this post. 

3. Debbie and I stopped at Pho Le 1 in Coeur d' Alene for some Vietnamese cuisine and then traveled to the Spokane International Airport. I dropped Debbie off at the Ramada. Driving to and back home from Spokane was easy. 

But, all is not perfectly smooth for Debbie. Late Friday evening, she received word that Delta Airlines canceled the 5:30 flight she was scheduled to be on, so she now leaves GEG at 11:00 and arrives in Newark at about 11:30 p.m. Her original schedule had been much more convenient, but, it'll all work out. 


Here's Riley, totally unable to reach his stitches, with me at the end of our time together.  



 

No comments: