Sunday, September 3, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 09-02-2023: I Try to Please Clark the Cat, A Fun Crowd at The Lounge, Cajun Spiced Dinner

1. Carol and Paul's cat, Clark, had me concerned. When Carol and Paul gave me home, garden, and animal care instructions, my understanding was that Clark would spend the days outdoors but probably want to come indoors at night. Well, Friday, I never saw Clark. I went to the house in the evening and hung out for about half an hour with the back sliding door open, but Clark never came in the house and I never saw him. 

Today, to my relief, I laid eyes on Clark (and the outdoor cat, Leo). Clark was resting on a pillow on the other side of the sliding door and then he leaped down and went somewhere in the back yard and gardens. I returned to the house this evening and once again hung out for over a half an hour. I opened the sliding door. Clark never came indoors. 

I'll check again on Sunday (and Monday) and just see if the enigmatic Clark might change his mind and come in the house. 

(Clark and Leo have a food outside. I'll also make sure they have plenty to eat.)

2. Debbie and I decided to see what was happening at The Lounge around 4:00 and we settled in at the bar and before long a crowd swarmed in to refresh themselves after playing in a golf tournament at the Pinehurst course. They were in high spirits. The golfing was good. They had a good time at the 19th hole at the golf course, enjoying adult beverages and a post-tournament hamburger dinner. 

I hadn't see Jake for a while and he and I yakked at the bar for a while. Debbie also joined in and Debbie saw Cindy and Carol Lee for the first time in quite a while. 

When Debbie and I left to go home for dinner, the table of golfers were having a blast, telling stories, making wise cracks, and laughing. 

3. While at The Lounge, Debbie recommended a change in dinner plans. I had thawed out crab stock and was ready to make a shrimp chowder for dinner, but she thought I ought to hold off on that plan and fix the two sausages we had in the icebox.

So, I boiled some diced baby Yukon golds, sautéed a chopped onion, added zucchini and tomatoes to the sauté along with the sausages chopped up. When the potatoes were tender, I put them in the pan, seasoned it all with our Cajun spice blend, and guess what?

It worked! 

No comments: