Thursday, September 14, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 09-13-2023: Clean Litter for Luna and Copper, A Good Review, Cookin' with Heidelberg

1. Today was the day. I want Copper and Luna to have as clean of a litter pans as possible. Normally, that means keeping the pans scooped. Today, however, was the day. I emptied both pans of old litter, scrubbed them, and put new litter in their pans. I couldn't tell afterward if they appreciated my efforts or were giving me the feline "well, it's about time" look. 

2. I had a virtual review session today with the guys who advise me about my one modest IRA. We all agreed. The account is humming along in pretty good shape and we'll see toward the end of October whether any adjustments might be warranted. 

3. Thanks to popping open a Heidelberg after that short virtual meeting and thanks to deciding to enjoy a second can while I cooked dinner, I'm down to two Heidelbergs left of the forty-eight cans I purchased last summer for our Class of 72 50th reunion. 

The Heidelberg refreshed me as I roasted chopped zucchini and red pepper, boiled a batch of penne, and made a creamy sauce, following HelloFresh's directions. I made the sauce in the same pot I boiled the pasta in, then I added the pasta back into the sauce along with fresh peas and the roasted vegetables. I squeezed generous amounts of lemon juice into this Pasta Primavera and seasoned it not only with salt and pepper, but with much of a packet of Tuscan heat spice blend. The heat worked beautifully in contrast to the rich creamy sauce. 

I served Debbie and me each a bowl of this excellent pasta dish and we agreed.

It worked! 

No comments: