Saturday, September 2, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 09-01-2023: The Wine Arrived, Great Trips to the Dump, Quesadillas After a Session at The Lounge

1. I relaxed for a couple of hours at Paul and Carol's house, working the Friday NYTimes crossword puzzle and waiting for the UPS driver to bring a couple cases of wine. She arrived with the wine, I signed for it, and everything was good at chez Roberts.

2. All the new kitchenware we brought into the house this week came in cardboard boxes. Christy also had a small pile of cardboard to be recycled, so I loaded up Christy's pickup with our cardboard, Christy's, and a couple trashed garden hoses and a couple other items of trash and rolled out to the transfer station. I loved having our garage emptied of cardboard and helping Christy get rid of what I took out there for her.

That was my first trip.

My second trip involved taking a fold up bed frame and mattress that are no longer useable to the transfer station. I recycled the metal and dumped the mattress. 

3. After a rousing couple of hours at The Lounge yakkin' with Debbie, Ed, Deanne, Fitz, and Cas, I returned home and used my new cookware for the first time.

I made HelloFresh quesadillas. All I had to do was peel and chop a small sweet potato and roast the pieces in the oven, chop an onion and a green pepper and cook them. When the sweet potatoes were roasted, I put them in with the onions and green peppers. Meanwhile, I made a crema of sour cream, southwest spice, and lime juice. I laid out two tortillas and covered each with a layer of Mexican cheese, topped the cheese with the veggies, and added more cheese on top of the vegetables. I folded the tortillas and put them in the vegetable pan until each side was brown and the cheese melted. I cut each quesadilla into wedges and topped them with crema and salsa and put lime wedges on the side. 

It worked! 

No comments: