Friday, September 29, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 09-28-2023: Home PT, Take Out from Wah Hing, Debbie's Work is Going Pretty Well

 1. I stretched muscles being guided by the handouts Terry sent me. I looked online into other muscle stretching and strengthening exercises. Many of them involve a chair.

2. I decide before Debbie arrived home that I'd like to take a night off from cooking. Debbie walked in the door. She said, "So, are you going to order the Chinese food?" She had read my mind from all the way in Pinehurst. "Yeah." I replied. That's exactly what I'm going to do. 

And so I left and came back home with potstickers, pork fried rice, and Hunan beef. 

It worked! 

3. Debbie's school year is off to much better start than a year ago. She has a slightly smaller number of students. That makes a huge difference. More students in this year's class are functioning at grade level, also a positive factor. Debbie worked hard over the summer to prepare for this school year, building on what she'd learned during her first year at Pinehurst Elementary. That work is paying off. She's also going to bed earlier and I, at least, think the added hours of sleep have been good for her work. 


No comments: