Saturday, October 7, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 10-06-2023: Tasks Completed, Yakkin' with the Youth, Yakkin' with the Young at Heart!

1.  Today got off to a roaring start! A quick trip to Yoke's to pick up medicine for Christy, a stop in at the vet to make a Monday appt for Luna and Copper to get their nails clipped, and a minute or two at the dump to recycle Christy's and our cardboard. 

2. Around 3:30 I booked it up to The Lounge. Debbie would be joining me around 4:00 or so. I got to yak a bit with Cas and was enjoying an ice cold mountain fresh Rainier when Molly and Brian busted in, having put in a to go order for burgers at the Elks. They were hoping to find either me or Debbie at The Lounge and soon Debbie breezed in and so they got their wish and more! 

The four of us settled into a table and yakked away until Brian collected their burger order and they bolted out to eat their dinner elsewhere. 

3. One of Debbie's fellow teachers was in the house as was a former Pinehurst teacher and Debbie had a great talk with the former teacher. When they wrapped up their conference, Debbie decided it was time to head home, but I had a nearly full beer left to drink. I was going to finish it at the bar, but Harley summoned me to the table he and Candy and Julie C. occupied and I joined them. 

Harley told me how much he and Kim enjoyed drinking the Heidelberg I gave him when Harley and Candy drove to Helena to see Kim and Marty.

Before long, Denny and Cindy joined our table and we all joined in the yak fest. 

I finished my last beer and knew it was time to go home and figure out something to eat.

I'd had a superb four hour session at The Lounge.

Back home, I thawed a Beach Bum Bakery sesame seed bagel and then made a perfect ham and cheese sandwich and ended a relaxing afternoon and evening by continuing to chill out and relax some more.  

No comments: