Thursday, October 26, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 10-25-2023: Gibbs at the Spa, Lost Keys and a Trip to the Body Shop, Relief and Comfort Food

1.  Gibbs went to the spa today for a shampoo and trim. Debbie doesn't have his fur shaved close to his skin, but has a minimal amount of fur taken off and has the groomer cut the strands that grow in front of Gibbs' eyes. Clean and spiffed up, Gibbs jumped up and down on his invisible pogo stick when I arrived to pick him up, happy in equal parts that he felt clean and that it was time to come home. 

2. Pulling into the garage with Gibbs on my lap, I misgauged where I was, got too close to the east side of the garage door frame, and knocked the casing off of the Camry's rearview mirror on the passenger side.  I took Gibbs inside and returned to the garage to see if I could get the casing back on. When I failed, I called Hickey's Body Shop and asked Bob if he could look at it sometime after four o'clock. (I had a phone appointment at 3:45). Bob said bring it over. I completed the phone appointment and then I  couldn't find my keys anywhere on my person or in the house. 

I was bewildered. 

I called Debbie who told me she'd be home around 4:30 and, when she arrived, I used her Camry fob to rev up the Camry and I blasted over to the body shop. Bob got the casing back on. When I returned home, I parked in the driveway, not the garage. As I made my way to the front porch, to my shock and delight, I found my keys lying on the front lawn. When I'd gone back to the garage after bringing Gibbs in, the keys had fallen out of the pocket of my sweatshirt. When I had earlier looked for my lost keys, I'd forgotten that I went back to the garage and entered from the front, not from the back like I usually do. Therefore, I didn't look for my keys in front yard. 

So, in the end, Gibbs was happy. The mirror is fixed. I found my keys. And my phone appointment was a success. 

Yes, I was stressed out and bewildered for a while, but, looking back, I realized that once again my wandering mind, yet another lapse in concentration, preceded the mirror mishap and kept me from remembering that I'd gone back to the garage via the front yard. 

3. With my keys in hand, the mirror repaired, and my phone appointment completed, I was in the mood for comfort food for dinner and so was Debbie. I boiled spaghetti and made myself one last bowl of Cincinnati chili and Debbie did the same. 

Man.

I'm happy to say: 

All's well that ends well.

No comments: