Thursday, October 5, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 10-04-2023: Exercises at Home, Clearing Out the Garage, Debbie Fixes a Superb Dinner

1. With the help of Terry Turner and some exploring online of exercises for 70 years olds, I'm developing an in home exercise routine that already feels like it's a big help -- which is very motivating. I have an exercise mat, some resistance bands, and a chair and, so far, that's all the equipment I need to stretch and work some muscles.

2. I faced the fact today that I probably won't be transporting my bicycle anywhere again until next spring so I took the bike rack off the Sube. With the hatchback available again, I cleared the aluminum cans, plastic bottles, newspapers, and cardboard out of the garage, made a quick trip to the recycle station on Jacobs Gulch Road and will take the cardboard to the transfer station on Friday.

3. I was poised late this afternoon to fix a use what we have on hand kind of dinner when Debbie texted me and said she had dinner covered. Wow! Did she ever! She brought home salmon, cooked it up perfectly, grilled Romaine lettuce and dressed it with the Asian vinaigrette I like to make, and fixed a delicious side of rice. 

I love cooking for Debbie and me. At the same time, when Debbie swoops in and takes over the kitchen, her dinners are always superb. 

No comments: