Friday, December 8, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 12-07-2023: Slight Workout Change, Salmon and Rice, Quiet Evening

1.  I tried out a recommendation rehab staffer Claudia made. Instead of working with hand weights after working out on the two machines, today I completed a half an hour of rolling hills on the treadmill and then worked with the hand weights. I finished my workout with a half an hour of a series of sprints followed by hills on the recumbent cross training machine. Her idea was a good one. 

2. After going to the Fitness Center, I returned home and fixed Debbie and me each a salmon burger patty with steamed cauliflower and jasmine rice. I thought a couple pieces of English cheddar cheese would taste good with this meal -- and I was right! 

3. Debbie and I enjoyed a quiet evening. Debbie talked a bit about what her students are doing and how she is devising ways to help them. It's heartening to know that she's having a good year with her students and that they are, all in all, eager to work on things she helps them do. They especially enjoy tactile activity, whether it's looking up words in a dictionary they can hold in their hands or working on projects with paper, scissors, glue, and other supplies that are physical, not virtual. 

No comments: