Thursday, December 14, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 12-13-2023: Luna Passes Calmly Away, Christy's Surgeon's Positive Report, Christy Spends the Night at Kootenai

1.  I was at Kootenai Health's hospital from 7 this morning until around 4 in the afternoon.

I wondered throughout the day about Luna. I put her in her carrier with added padding to keep her comfortable.

When I returned to Kellogg, I checked on Luna and she was weak, barely responding to me. After I fixed myself a quick dinner, I brought her out to the living room and held her.

Slowly, mildly, serenely she passed away at around 8 o'clock. I kept her close to me for another half an hour or so before I returned her to her carrier to rest in peace. 

Luna was a loving and spirited companion. I'm very happy we got to spend nearly three years together.

The best I can do now is take good care of Copper. 

2. Christy had knee replacement surgery today at Kootenai Health's hospital. She checked in at 7 a.m. and I occupied myself in the waiting room until I went to the rehab gym, in another part of the hospital, to carry out my regular Wednesday work out. 

While I was on the treadmill, my phone rang. It was the surgeon. He had just left the operating room and wanted me to know that he was very happy with how the surgery went. His entire report was very positive.

3. I returned to the waiting room, worked a crossword puzzle and relaxed and a few hours later, a nurse wheeled Christy out and they invited me to join them on a walk to a physical therapy room where Christy worked on going up stairs and received other instructions about moving around once she was out of the hospital.

We thought Christy might be able to come home pretty soon, but as it turned out, she needed to spend the night because after being under anesthesia, her oxygen levels weren't quite right yet. This is a common occurrence for patients after surgery, not at all unique to Christy. 

I'll go back to CdA in the morning and bring Christy home then. 

 

No comments: