Friday, December 29, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 12-28-2023: Talking Heads and Aerobic Exercise, Mellow Afternoon, Superb Pasta Dinner

1. Thanks to holiday closures and our dinner on Dec. 26th, I hadn't been to the rehab gym in CdA for a week and it felt great to be back on the machines again, find out my lungs sound, in Claudia's word, "beautiful", my blood pressure is golden, and that I'm very slowly losing some weight or at least not gaining a bunch of pounds. The Talking Heads' 1985 album, Little Creatures, worked superbly as musical accompaniment and right now to my huffing and puffing. and  The Talking Heads and Jethro Tull (Aqualung) are doing an especially great job helping me burn calories. 

2. I enjoyed a quiet afternoon -- I had no reason to leave the house and so I relaxed by working crossword puzzles and napping a little bit. 

3. Our Hello Fresh box arrived on Wed. instead of Monday and I was stoked to see that one of the dinners was Lemony Spaghetti with Brussels Sprouts, a delicious pasta dish made extra good by the roasted panko that goes atop the spaghetti once it's served in our separate bowls. I love the lemon, the red pepper flakes, the thinly sliced Brussels Sprouts, and the white sauce of this meal. It not only tastes really good, not only feels really good in the mouth with its various textures, it's a blast to make, too. 

No comments: