Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 12-12-2023: Luna's Strong Spirit, Blood Draw, Simple Fish Dinner

1. Luna lay still in my bed, occasionally meowing weakly, for much of the day with a sheet and blankets covering her up to her neck. After dinner, I carried Luna out to the living room and held her and petted her for about an hour or so. Her body is weak and diminishing. Her spirit is strong and the essence of her Luna-ness is alive, but fading. 

2. I dropped in at the Shoshone Medical Center where I had a vial of blood drawn to be sent to the lab in Spokane -- I do this once a month. It's blood that will be tested if/when I'm offered a kidney. 

3. I picked up Christy from Silver Valley Tire and planned to go work out when her car was ready and after I gave her a lift back. Unfortunately, the work on the car took longer than we thought it would and by the time I drove Christy back to get her car, it was time to cook dinner. It's no problem in the big picture, but I was disappointed not to get in an exercise session.

I decided to fix a quick dinner that turned out to very delicious. I baked tilapia filets with dill sprinkled on them and steamed a crown of broccoli. I also sautéed some onion pieces and in that pot I prepared jasmine rice. We had white garlic sauce left over from Sunday's dinner along with cucumber and feta salad. We both put sauce on our fish, along with lemon juice, and we both enjoyed how simple and tasty dinner turned out to be tonight.  

No comments: