Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Three Beautiful Things 12-11-2023: Luna Update, Two Workouts, Mexican Steak and Rice Bowl

1. Luna continues to slowly shut down. Today she got off the bed so she could drink some water and, once Debbie leashed Gibbs, I brought her out to the living room so I could hold her and she could share my chair. I'm mostly trying to keep her comfortable. Gibbs, by the way, behaved beautifully when Luna was in the living room. He didn't bark. He just calmly rested on the couch alongside Debbie.

2. I'm not up to it every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, but when I am, I sure enjoy going to the Fitness Center in Smelterville and exercising for a half an hour before going to CdA for a session and some more education at the rehab gym. Today, after doing double duty, I felt good. I increased the intensity on both machines at the rehab gym and I recovered well after cooling off for a few minutes. I got home, could feel that I'd been working out, but I wasn't exhausted. 

3. I fixed a HelloFresh dinner tonight that was new to us. It was very simple. All I had to do was make a pot of rice seasoned with a Mexican spice blend and the white part of two green onions and some butter and then cook a 10 oz steak, also seasoned with the Mexican spice blend. In a small bowl, I marinated tomato wedges and the green part of the green onions in olive oil and lime juice. Once the steak was cooked, I sliced in thinly. I then made rice bowls: rice on the bottom of the bowl topped with steak slices and marinated tomato wedges and garnished with a dollop of guacamole. 

No comments: