Thursday, May 2, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 05-01-2024: Removing Clutter, Cardio with Lou Simon, We Ate the Remaining Teff!

1. It's so easy. The transfer station is easy to drive to, rarely very busy, and simple to negotiate once I get there. Our cardboard, seltzer cans, and newspapers needed to be cleared out of the garage and so I took them up and recycled them. I never tire of this job or of keeping the garage as free of clutter as possible. 

2. I increased the time I spent on the three cardio machines I huffed and puffed on today at the Fitness Center. Lou Simon's Jukebox Diner show on the Sirius/XM app is perfect to listen to, especially for longer periods of exercise. The show runs for four hours and features a great mix of songs, phone discussions, and requests. I always learn stuff I never knew -- not all of it sticks in my memory, but at the moment I'm listening to it, it's a lot of fun.

3. Debbie asked me to build tonight's dinner around our left over teff. So, I seasoned a package of party chicken wings with salt, pepper, Old Bay seasoning, and red pepper flakes and baked them. I warmed up the teff and I sautéed a large pan of mixed vegetables. I seasoned the zucchini with tarragon and peppered the white onion, but let the flavors of the mushrooms, spinach, green beans, and red bell pepper express themselves -- which they did very tastily! 

  

No comments: