Thursday, May 9, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 05-08-2024: Facebook's Finicky Filters, Sprinkler System Running, Copper Gets Friendly in the Vizio Room

1. I've grown weary of having the artificial intelligence at Facebook reading my daily posts providing a link to this blog as spam and taking them down. 

So, regretfully,  I'm done using a URL shortener and providing friends with a convenient way to click right to my blog. 

I'll still post on Facebook that I've posted a new blog entry, but anyone interested in reading will have to type kelloggbloggin.blogspot.com in that long rectangle at the top of their browser and visit my entire blog. 

At a later date, I'll try posting the link to my daily post again and see if the Facebook robots continue to read my posts as misleading, as spam.

2. Keith from Peak Sprinklers came by this afternoon and got our sprinkler system on line. The system needed one minor repair and a few sprinkler head adjustments. Now it's ready to go. I'm not sure when I'll start watering the lawns. 

3. Debbie has been really wiped out this week. This evening, again, she went to bed very early.

Once again, Copper got to spend more time than usual in other parts of the house. 

I retired to the Vizio room and watched about forty minutes or so of the movie, House of Games

I'm into the movie, but what I was really into was having Copper, for the first time ever, jump up on the arm of the chair I was sitting in and be close to me. 

Once or twice I thought he was going to (finally) come on to my lap. He didn't, but he spent quite a bit of time on the chair's arm, letting me pet him. 

I'll finish the movie some time on Thursday. 

Will Copper join me again? 

I hope so.  

No comments: