Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 05-06-2024: Copper's Change of Venue, Cardio and Weights, Enjoying the Movie *The Lincoln Lawyer*

1. Copper wanted a change of venue this morning and demanded that I let him in the Vizio room. No problem. (He didn't have to be so bossy!)  He likes the chair in that room and seemed content to spend the day relaxing on it. With the bedroom vacant, I pounced on the opportunity to change the bed's sheets, a simple task made even easier when Copper isn't present to insist on being on the bed while I strip it and put fresh sheets on. 

When he returned to the bedroom late this afternoon, I thought I could see a glint of gratitude in his eyes, as if he were thanking me for not messing up his sleep and rest by changing the sheets with him in the bedroom. 

2. Until today, my focus at the Fitness Center has been on the cardio machines. I worked out on one for forty minutes today, listening to the Allman Brothers' stellar album, Brothers and Sisters, and then to selections Spotify selected on their Allman Brothers Radio channel. I then worked out on about a half a dozen weight machines, concentrating on my shoulders, back, abdomen, chest, and arms. 

3. Debbie told me she planned to have a long telephone conversation this evening in the living room so I retired to the Vizio room and watched Matthew McConaughey and Marisa Tomei in The Lincoln Lawyer. For some reason, clips from that movie have been showing up frequently on Reels on my Facebook page. In those clips, McConaughey bringing his character, Mick Haller, to life fascinated me. Enough time had passed since I first watched this movie that I'd forgotten all the plot details. 

It was just the kind of movie I was in the mood for. It's a solid and entertaining crime and courtroom drama. I enjoyed how McConaughey animated the contradictory character of Mick Haller, a lawyer working out of his 1986 Lincoln Town Car, who is by turns shrewd and gullible, unethical and conscientious, and dissipate and responsible. 

Afterward, I randomly selected a couple episodes of Chopped and tried to commit to memory some of the cooking techniques and insights the contestants and the judges articulated, but I'm not sure they ever really stick in my mind. 

Maybe I should take notes. . . . 

No comments: