Sunday, May 5, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 05-04-2024: Solo Strolling in Wallace, Diane Joins Us at The Lounge, Spicy Vegetables

1. I got up this morning wanting to exercise in a different way. I decided to walk the streets of Wallace, get some steps in, and see how things were in this morning in the Center of the Universe. I'll return to the Fitness Center on Sunday or Monday. 

The Center of the Universe was quiet and very slow around 11-12 o'clock. 

I was a nearly solitary figure. 

I stopped in at Todd's Bookstore, in the mood to possibly purchase a book about animals. The bookstore has a small selection of books, but of high quality! I wasn't moved to purchase any of them, but liked what I saw a lot. (I didn't see any books on animals....)

I wasn't in the mood for grabbing a bite to eat or drinking anything in Wallace I might have ordered some chicken wings, munched on a taco, or enjoyed a coffee drink or even an early in the day beer or cocktail if I'd had company, but I just didn't feel like sitting anywhere by myself. 

I was content to be alone, with my thoughts, on foot.

2. Back in Kellogg, later in the afternoon, Debbie and I headed up to The Lounge. Diane texted me while we were there and before long she joined us. It was great. Diane's been out of town and she told us all about her travels to Arizona and Mexico. Diane and I are working on details for the 70th birthday party later in the year and I think we can iron it all out early this coming week. 

3. Debbie is doing some rearranging in the kitchen, so plates, glasses, cups, and other things are out of the cupboards. I wondered, as we were sitting there (and before Diane we heard from Diane), if it wouldn't be easier for us to have some Wah Hing food rather than fix a meal at home. 

We agreed it would.

Our dinner was awesome -- we shared an order of pot stickers and split an order of Vegetables Szechwan Style. I loved the spicy heat of the vegetables and how they were stir-fried just right, cooked through, but still with a crunch. 

Our Saturday late afternoon/early evening session at The Lounge was superb. I drank a lot of soda water after having one VO and water. Only having one cocktail worked especially well for me.  

No comments: