Sunday, January 28, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 01/28/07: Mansions, Coffee, Motorcycles

1. The Rev. John Bishop, the retired Bishop of Idaho, preached a beautiful sermon on the absurdity of grace and the infinitely huge mansions that comprise the house of God, where by merely knocking, all are welcome. The whole idea of closing the house is not Jesus' conception of his Father's house. It's the nonsense of us, the followers of Jesus.

2. Molly was working at Starbucks when I was done at church. I did not know this. She treated me to a free coffee and scone.

3. Motorcycle students buzzed around in a circle in the Lane Community College northeast parking lot behind the theater and I remembered that I plan to join this class this spring with the hope that when I visit North Idaho, I can join my friends on a leisurely ride up the North Fork of the Cd'A River and on to the top of Thompson Pass operating a motorcycle instead of riding on the back of Ed's or Scott's.

No comments: