Monday, March 28, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 03/27/11: Rev. Betsy Tesi, One Task Left, The Coaching is Really Helping!

1.  Today's celebrant at the 11 o'clock service was our new Assistant Priest, Rev. Betsy Tesi.  This was her second Sunday at St. Mary's (if I remember correctly) (I missed her first Sunday).  I don't know quite how to write about this because I don't want comments on a new priest to sound like a movie review.  Suffice it to say that I am an Episcopalian primarily because of the Book of Common Prayer, because of the Eucharist, because of the weekly march to the communion rail.  Did Rev. Betsy Tesi celebrate the Eucharist with dignity?  With solemnity?  With grace?  With authenticity?  Free of pretense? Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.  I look forward to becoming better acquainted with her in other ways as time goes by.

2.  I wrote my course calendars and the syllabus for each of my spring quarter courses.  All that's left on my to do list is doing our taxes.  I'm happy to say I've done a good job knocking off those tasks.

3.  I had new confidence at rehearsal tonight.  We rehearsed Sly's transformation in the physical configuration that resembles much more closely what it'll be like when the thrust balcony is completed.  Joe and Sparky's coaching started to take hold.  The Lord, the servants, and I had a good time with our scene and it improved considerably.  It felt really good.  I look forward to further refinements, to achieving a better sense of rhythm among us.

No comments: