Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 03/06/11: Stroll, Stickler, Stout

1.  Bill and the Deke and I went for a stroll on the University of Oregon campus and Bill marveled at the beauty of the trees that tower in the space between Deady and Villard on the west side and Allen and Lawrence Halls on the east.  We also enjoyed the whimsy of the Pioneer Mother and Pioneer Father being able to see each other through the north and south windowed doors of Johnson Hall.  We also visited Smith Family Bookstore, which, contrary to a dream I had a few nights ago, did not open a fourth floor where a person could buy apes, elephants, and other wild animals.  The books were still good.

2.  Back to work on my lines:  I'm having a hell of a time with "Ay, it stands so that I may hardly tarry so long."  Every single time I've been in a play and worked on lines, there's always been a stickler and "Ay, it stands so that I may hardly tarry so long" is my stickler in "Taming of the Shrew".  (I just had to look it up again to make sure I typed it out correctly.) I'll get it.

3.  Bill enjoyed his big eggy deluxe Wilbur burger and his pint of Irish Stout at the 19th Street Pub.  I'm enjoying Bill's enjoyment of being in Eugene. 
  

No comments: