Thursday, March 17, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 03/16/11: Home, Costumes!, Understanding

1.  Home.  Resting.  Eating soft foods.  Back with Charly and Maggie.  Sleeping.  Skyping.  Recovery looks good.  The mashed potatoes from Market of Choice hit the spot.  I'm not writing about me here!  I'm being vague.  On purpose.

2.  Costumes!  We wore costumes while rehearsing "The Taming of the Shrew" tonight.  We rehearsed under the lights! Costumes and lights energized the cast.   The play's rough with three weeks to go, but I could sure see a play taking shape. 

3.  It's very pleasing to see how Louise Steinman's book, "The Souvenir", which chronicles her tireless efforts to understand her distant and deeply wounded father, after his death,  has helped so many of my students see that they have taken or are trying to take similar steps toward reconciliation, whether with family members or with friends.  I admire the honesty of those who write that such understanding and reconciliation will never happen. 

No comments: