Monday, March 21, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 03/20/11: Bug Fight, Film Shoot, Two Left

1. I seem to be getting the upper hand on this bug I've been fighting.  A restful morning helped a lot.  I decided to stay home from church to rest more, especially with a busy afternoon coming up.

2.  Our production of "The Taming of the Shrew" will have a filmed dream sequence.  It's dreamed by my character, Christopher Sly.  This afternoon, a handful of us cast members met in the soggy low lying area between Mt. Pisgah and the Coast Fork of the Willamette River with a film maker and a falconer to shoot this very short film.  It was really fun, especially being in the company of a falcon and seeing how intimately the falconer knows her bird.  The part of the dream where Petruchio's father dies was fun, too.  I'm eager to see how the film maker splices and edits our work into this short dream sequence.

3.  As far as my rooting interest, the one team, Gonzaga, that I care(d) about in the NCAA men's basketball tournament is gone, as of Saturday.  Now it's all a matter of following, somewhat disinterestedly, how the tournament unfolds.  My pleasure for today:  the much vaunted Big East Conference has now lost nine of the eleven teams selected for the tournament.  I had a great time discussing the Big East failure with Wucky and taking shots at the ESPN analysts who are almost giddy in their love for this conference.  Who knows?  Maybe one week from today, the whole tournament will be Big East-free!

No comments: