Thursday, October 11, 2007

Three Beautiful Things: 10/11/07: Philosophy, Praise, Peppered Popcorn

1. Who says community college students today don't care about metaphysics, epistemology, and ethics? Maybe no one says that! I sure don't. My WR 121 classes both were intensely engaged as we discussed the questions surrounding the nature of reality, knowledge, and moral behavior. These philosophical categories had special power in relation to the stories we are reading about the Vietnam War.

2. Two messages from students after night class telling me how much they enjoyed tonight's class.

3. I didn't salt my popcorn. I accidentally peppered it. The Deke tried it. "Not bad." I enjoyed it myself. Not enough to make it a habit, but it was a sort of nice change of pace!

1 comment:

Desert Diva said...

Sorry I haven't been keeping track - it's my first week back to work after a LOA for "you know what." Needless to say, things are "busy."

A reoccurring theme in your blog is popcorn - you must love it. In New Mexico sometimes they pop jalapeƱo peppers with it. A little spicy, but good with a beer to counteract the heat.