Monday, October 15, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 10/14/07: Cinematic, Problem Solving, Courage

1. I was rendered speechless by the Lane Community College Student Productions Association's cinematic stage presentation of "King Lear". I was so moved by the production of this play that I can hardly write about it yet.

2. I have started receiving student essays written in Microsoft Word 2007. The documents can't be read in Word 2007. I went searching for a solution and found one and now I can read these documents. Six months ago, I would have despaired and not even thought to look for a solution and I'm very happy that I'm becoming a more assertive problem solver about such things. The solution, by the way, was not difficult. I just needed to think to look for it and once I did, finding it was easy, too. This is a big step forward for me.

3. The story "Speaking of Courage" in Tim O'Brien's "The Things They Carried" is brilliant.

No comments: