Thursday, October 18, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 10/17/07: IRS Tardiness, UnAmerican, Coma

1. What's the rush? Better late than never! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger! I went to the tax man today and am on the verge of taking care of my 2006 returns.

2. It's really good to know that a fellow un-American is out there. MGM and I enjoyed a brief e-rant about how we hate Halloween and the Fourth of July. I added New Year's Eve. It can be isolating, you know, being an outcast in America.

3. Dealing with taxes puts me in a coma. I gave in and fell into a deep sleep nap twice this afternoon and evening after seeing the tax man. Snug faithfully pushed himself into my ribs and slept along with me to reassure me that everything would be all right.

4 comments:

MGM said...

I enjoyed the rant, as well. Did I EVER enjoy the rant. New Year's Eve? Dare I confess that I haven't stayed awake to usher in the New Year in so many years that I can't even remember when? I have no interest in attending or hosting a New Year's Eve party.

Might I also add that I find Valentine's Day ridiculous and annoying? And don't EVEN get me started on St. Patrick's Day.

I do, however, enjoy a good celebration of the birth of Christ. Even though the Americanization of Christmas has become stupid and devoid of its true meaning.

I also enjoy all the fuss and bustle of Thanksgiving. Probably because I love a good excuse to cook an over the top meal and can only handle doing it to the hilt once a year. That, and I am very thankful in my life and it seems a nice way to celebrate that.

Christy Woolum said...

Again, we must be related. Halloween puts me over the edge ( and just be thankful you are not a K-12 teacher with the critters the day of, the day after and for sure two days after when they have eaten all their candy!!!)We know how I feel about the 4th of July and New Year's Eve is not even really a holiday for us. Through other blogs recently there is similar feelings about Halloween.

JBelle said...

I dunno....

I LOVE Halloween.

A. said...

Halloween used to be a very low key affair, if it existed at all, in Europe. It seems to be gaining momentum though, even in the UK where Guy Fawkes' Day used to be the autumn event of choice.