Thursday, October 25, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 10/24/07: Good Meeting, Families, Grateful Attention

1. I don't remember the last time I was in a professional meeting where I felt absolutely free to speak my mind, be heard, and others did the same. It happened today. It was uplifting.

2. Families turned out to be the topic of discussion in WR 121 and the air crackled with honesty and students supporting one another with nods and smiles that said, "Oh my God! I know just what you're talking about!"

3. I listen to Deep Tracks on XM Radio while I'm working in my home office and much of the music is there, relaxing, enjoyable, but doesn't make me stop what I'm doing. But every time the Grateful Dead are played, every time I hear the crystal clarity of Jerry Garcia's guitar, or every time I hear the wobbly vocals of Jerry Garcia, I drop everything and experience moments of deep reverie.

No comments: