Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Three Beautiful Things 07/21/10: No Kidney Appt., Jawin', Red Stripe for David

1. While I was away in Orofino, on Cd'A Lake, and in Kellogg, I was nagged by the thought that I had a nephrologist appointment and would miss it. I called Dr. Zachem's office today. I'm in the clear. I don't see Zachem until January, '11.

2. I had a most relaxing morning, getting my blog caught up and jawing with the Deke.

3. The first time I met David Diedrich in 1998, he shook my hand and handed me a Red Stripe Jamaican Lager. Ever since he died in November, I've wanted to drink a Red Stripe or two in memory of him and that first day we met. No fanfare. Just a couple of beers and some thoughts about David. I did it today. I only wish I could open the bottle of beer the way he did: with his wedding ring, while it was on his finger.

No comments: