Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 12/03/18: Christy Returns Home, Soup Experiment, Late Night Muffins

1. Shortly after 8:30, Christy texted me that she was being released from the hospital. I had a couple of things to take care of before leaving Kellogg and decided to grab a quick bagel and an espresso drink on my way out of town. I arrived at Kootenai Medical Center around 10:30 at which time a nurse discharged Christy and we went in search of the antibiotic she'll be taking over the next 10 days. It took a while (no problem) and we found a pharmacy that was both in network and had the pills in stock. By early afternoon, we were back in Kellogg and Christy was in the warmth of her home, comfortably heated by a welcoming fire in the fireplace.

Christy will have an in-home nurse visit to treat her wound. She's learned that the healing might take about four weeks.

I checked in with Christy later in the evening and she and Everett had rested and done some house cleaning. Carol brought them some dinner. Christy's pain level wasn't too bad, she said. I hope she had a restful night once it was time to turn in.

2. I had planned on making some business and medical phone calls today and made three of them while Christy secured her medicine. Back in Kellogg, I went to Yoke's and bought a few things. Once home, I experimented with making a cauliflower and sweet potato soup, concluding that the soup might benefit if I were to buy a squash, roast it, and blend the squash into the soup I've already made. I'm also trying to determine how much cinnamon and allspice the soup needs and whether a little more brown sugar would enhance it. I've decided that I don't want this batch to be spicy hot.

3. The last thing I did before going to bed around was make a batch of Bob's Red Mill 10 Grain Cereal Muffins so I could have muffins in the morning and have muffins more around to snack on. I'm hooked on these muffins and I think I'm about to go on a tear trying out other muffin recipes as well.

No comments: