Friday, December 7, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 12/06/18: Night (and Day) Guard, Meal Plan, Epic Movie in My Future

1. Having had a ton of dental work done last month, I now need a night guard to protect this work from my habit of grinding my teeth. I grind my teeth a lot during the day. The work I had done has changed my bite and I am continually checking out my bite, trying to determine if it's working the way I want it, too. Therefore, I'll be using my new guard as a day guard and a night one. These days I spend a lot of time by myself, reading, writing, doing things around the house, and watching movies. I will wear the guard while alone and wear it at night.

The dental office was as busy as I've ever seen it today and I waited two hours to get in to have my mouth guard fitted. I can't explain why this wait didn't bother me, why I patiently and calmly read about different things online and sat around thinking about different things, totally unruffled. Once attended to, the fitting of my guard went smoothly and, once home, I popped it right in and started the process of getting used to it.

I like the feeling this guard gives me of my teeth being protected from my dumb grinding habits.

2. I decided that on Friday I'll combine the cabbage I made Wednesday with boiled potatoes, some carrots, and garbanzo beans and make a soup seasoned with an old favorite I haven't used in a long time, caraway seeds. My shopping trip to Yoke's centered on buying groceries for this dish.

3. Ever since I first heard about the movie, Once Upon a Time in America, I've wanted to see it and then I'll go long periods of time forgetting about it. Today it came back to mind and I read up on the movie and discovered that I have online access to one of the movie's long versions that runs nearly four hours. One of these days, I'll commit myself to watching it in its entirety and let myself get absorbed by this epic film about which I've read so much acclaim.

No comments: