Friday, December 28, 2018

Three Beautiful Things 12/27/18: Birthday Lunch, Birthday Beers, Birthday Cookies and Gifts and Tom and Jerrys

1. For my birthday, the Deke and I traveled to Coeur d'Alene. I had wanted to go to Syringa for sushi, but when we arrived at around 1:30, the place was packed. I immediately regretted not having made a reservation. We decided, on the spot, we didn't want to wait for a table so we went to Thai Bamboo and each had a curry dish after a won ton appetizer.

2. After lunch, we made a short visit to The Filling Station, a cozy tap room downtown with a staggering tap and bottle list. I didn't want to drink a lot, so I ordered a 5 oz pour of Modern Times' Devil's Teeth, a chocolate-y and awesome barrel-aged Imperial Stout and a 5 oz pour of another barrel-aged Imperial Stout, this time from Epic Brewing, their Big Bad Baptista. It was a coffee stout and also very good.

3. Patrick had been talking about a cookie recipe he loves to make and so I asked him to bake cookies and Christy, Carol, Paul, and Zoe came over to the house and we had birthday cookies and I opened gifts -- and so did Patrick (Christmas presents) and the Deke (for her birthday six days ago). Carol brought Tom and Jerry batter over and we topped off the evening with a hot drink.

No comments: