Monday, August 12, 2019

Three Beautiful Things 08/11/19: Catching Up, Shoes and Toes, JJ Cale Day

1. While I was in Missoula and when I returned to Kellogg late Saturday afternoon, I didn't post 3BTs on my blog, so today I spent much of the day writing, uploading pictures, and getting caught up. I had no reason to hurry. I had no reason to write short entries. I had fun blabbing on about stuff and putting more pictures up.

2. I enjoyed the testimonies and advice I received today from many friends about hiking shoes/boots. I'll figure this out one day, but I am hyper-cautious about buying a pair because the last pair I bought several years ago felt fine in the store, but turned out to be the very pair of shoes that first inflamed, swelled, and enraged my big toes. A few pairs of other shoes have done the same since -- but not the type of New Balance shoes I've been wearing for the last four years and which New Balance has stopped making. I'll keep looking, trying shoes on, and hoping for the best.

3. I continued to immerse myself in JJ Cale today:  interviews, songs on cd, solo performances on YouTube, performances on YouTube with Eric Clapton, and interviews with both Eric Clapton and JJ Cale side by side, and posthumous interviews with Eric Clapton about JJ Cale.

No comments: