Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Three Beautiful Things 08/05/19: A Day of Rest, Final Bill Arrives, Every Picture Tells a Story

1. The weekend's activities left me tired, not from lack of sleep, not from too much drink, but from all the conversation and all the emotions over the last three days. It was a sweet fatigue linked to having had so much of my Kellogg life over the years pass before me from Friday to Sunday evening. I was grateful that I could rest today, take a nap or two, and get recharged.

2. The final sewer project bill came into my email box this morning and the guys got the job done just a tad bit under the original estimate. Since nothing really went haywire during the project, I had confidence that this would be the case, but, all the same, I was relieved.

3.  Sharon and Carol Lee posted wonderful pictures from our 65 and Still Alive weekend and Christy posted wonderful pictures from the Jim Vergobbi Celebration of Life. The pictures radiantly document the beauty of both occasions and I spent a lot of time today admiring them repeatedly.

No comments: