Monday, August 19, 2019

Three Beautiful Things 08/18/19: Short Hike, Before the Premier, Carol and Paul on the Big Screen

1. Often when I hike, I recover later in the day by napping. Today, we had a full late afternoon and evening planned in Coeur d'Alene around the premier of the locally produced movie, Across Bank Street Portal to the Clockworld. I hiked today. I got some exercise and some pleasure going up and down the Health and Wellness Trail, but that's all I did. When I returned home, I was watching the BMW Golf Championship on television and even though my outing had only been forty-five minutes long, I nodded off.

2.  I stayed awake for the rest of the day, as I hoped I would!  Debbie and I piled into the Sube and rocketed over the pass to CdA and were in the company of the movie's cast, production crew, and director for dinner at Azteca. Outside, cast member Gordon Turner interviewed people involved with the movie on a red carpet. The interviews are posted on Facebook. When I returned home, I watched Carol, and then, Paul, be interviewed. Their faces were flush with excitement. They were having a lot of fun.

3. The movie played in theater #14 at the Regal Cinema at Riverstone. It was fun to see Carol play the role of Pemphredo, the last Stygian witch, to see Paul alternate between playing Captain Hook and Mr. Peach, and to see both of them on a real movie screen. The movie was filmed mostly in the Silver Valley, primarily in and around Wallace, and I enjoyed seeing different locales on screen, especially the shots in the woods and of local waterways.  A few scenes occurred at Carol and Paul's house, so their house and yard, as it looked about two years ago before the recent paint job, are memorialized on film now forever!

I don't think any other screenings are scheduled, at least not in the near future, but I do think Carol and Paul will get a DVD copy of the movie. I had trouble sorting out the story on this first viewing this evening. Maybe I'd understand the plot better if I watched it again at home -- and maybe have Carol or Paul explain some things to me. This is a fantasy/zombie movie. It's not a genre of movie I ever watch, so I wondered if it might have been easier to understand for people with more experience watching this kind of story.

The movie is registered at imdb.com.  If you'd like to look at the names of all who contributed to its making and see about a half a dozen still pictures from the movie, just click here.

No comments: