Thursday, August 1, 2019

Three Beautiful Things 07/31/19: Sewer Work Underway, Cocktails, Becky on the Deck

1. The guys arrived today to start work on installing cured in place piping from our house to the city's main sewer line at the border of our back yard. They needed most of the morning to work out a plan to do this job without having to drain and move our hot water tank. They figured that out, jack hammered and dug a shallow hole in the basement and, rather than stay at the house until around 10 tonight, left shortly after noon and will do the job on Thursday, August 1, starting about 6 a.m.

2. Late in the afternoon, Debbie and I went to Hill Street Depot for a hummus plate and a couple of cocktails and, on the way out, talked to Becky and invited her over to the house to sit on the deck and enjoy some gin together.

3. I enjoyed listening to Becky's tales of hiking and camping in North Idaho and Western Montana. I didn't realize she is friends with the guy who posts hiking and camping videos on the YouTube channel called Mountain Wanderer, found here. Becky told me about hikes and camping trips she's taken and her descriptions ignited my imagination. I'm not really thinking about camping so much as I enjoy hearing about possibilities for day hikes.

No comments: