Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 05-31-2022: Building a Playlist, *Poetry Break*, Caring for Gibbs and Luna and Copper

1.  I jumped on the streaming service Tidal today and started the collaboration between me and Diane to make a playlist for July's KHS Class of 1972 50 year class reunion. We aren't focusing only on music from our senior year in high school, but on music from that general period of time -- and maybe some more recent music, too. So much great music to choose from! It'll be fun to see what the final playlist looks like.

2. Bill Davie presented a superb Poetry Break broadcast on Facebook Live today with poems by Walt Whitman, Charles Bukowski, and others. He feature three poems by Seattle poet Kevin Castle, a longshore dock worker and the first woman to operate a container crane at the Port of Seattle. Her poetry was especially compelling in its concrete detail and lyric expression of her work on the docks. Bill continued to read his latest poems on aging and closed the night by reading powerful poems by Raymond Carver.

3. I'm doing my best to learn Gibbs' daily rhythms. When I went to bed tonight (Tuesday), I left the bedroom door open so Gibbs could join me, but he spent the night in the living room. If it's the living room where he wants to be, I'm hoping I can bring Luna and Copper to bed with me, close the bedroom door, and not have Gibbs scratch and bark to come in and join us.

We'll see! This is my first time working with Gibbs, Luna, and Copper all by myself. It's going fine, but, believe me, I do often wish I could be two places at once to keep them all company since the three of them cannot be in the same room together. 

No comments: