Monday, June 6, 2022

Three Beautiful Things 06-05-2022: A Day of Routs, A Third Pork Roast Meal, My System Has Limits

1. It was a day of routs in the sports world and I watched parts of all of them. Rafael Nadal crushed Casper Ruud to win the French Open for the mind-boggling 14th time, bringing his total of major wins to 22. In the Memorial, Billy Horschel cruised to a four stroke win over U of Oregon Duck alum Aaron Wise. Later, in another golf tournament, in the U. S. Open, Australia's Minjee Lee cakewalked to her second major victory winning the cup by four strokes over Mina Harigae. Lastly, to round out this day of runaways, the Golden State Warriors flattened the Boston Celtics, 107-88. Both teams have won one game in this NBA championship series. 

2. I thought I might enjoy that sauce left over from the Thai yellow curry braise I cooked the other night poured over penne pasta. I was correct. Just for the record, that little sirloin pork roast provided me with three meals. 

3. Alas. I did not, as planned, mix myself a dry gin martini and listen to the third Deep Purple album. While watching the suspense-free golf tournaments and NBA game, I drank a can of Little Hazy Thing and a can of Cold Smoke Scotch Ale. I then ate dinner and I've simply reached that stage in life where I cannot drink a martini after eating Thai curry over pasta. I was too full and my digestive system didn't want any more work to do! 

No comments: