Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 04-01-2024: Outdoor/Indoor Exercise, Iowa Triumphs, Crosswords with Copper

1. My plan today: hike the Wellness Trail and then exercise some more at the Fitness Center. 

I did it.

I surprised myself and didn't stop on the Wellness Trail until just before the last rise in the trail before reaching the picnic table. I hiked non-stop farther than I thought I could/would. 

2. While I huffed and puffed at the Fitness Center, I listened to the first quarter or so of the Iowa/LSU women's basketball game, but once I returned home, I followed the game online, so I did not witness Caitlin Clark's superb game, did not SEE Iowa's emphatic victory. 

3. Debbie needed to be on the phone for quite a while, so I retreated to the bedroom where I tracked the basketball games while Copper and I worked on NYTimes crossword puzzles. I was behind! I managed to work my way through the Friday and Saturday grids, but still have Sunday and Monday left to do. 

Copper was a huge help. 

His contentment as we lay side by side helped me relax, even when certain clues stumped me for a while. 

No comments: