Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 04-22-2024: Blood Draw Snafu Rectified, Back to *Buried Treasures*, Steelhead for Dinner

1. There's a lab in Spokane that needs a fresh vial of blood from me every month in support of my being on the transplant list. I was going to head up to the hospital lab last Monday for a blood draw, but when I opened the box the lab mails me every month, it was essentially empty! I contacted Tara, my transplant nurse, and she had the lab send me a new box. Today, I took the full box to the lab, my blood got drawn, and now I'm back on schedule again.

2. Today when I exercised at the Fitness Center, I used my Sirius/XM app to play the channel entirely devoted to Tom Petty's terrific old show, Buried Treasures. Several years ago, I used to listen to Buried Treasures when it came out weekly on Deep Tracks. I also listened to the awesome Bob Dylan radio show called Theme Time Radio Hour.  Dylan's old show is archived online and it'll be fun to huff and puff and alternate between Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, Lou Simon, and the Satellite Survey show hosted by Dave Hoeffel. 

3. I prepared a fun HelloFresh dinner tonight. For the first time, HelloFresh sent us a bag featuring steelhead trout which I roasted with fresh dill and mandarin orange and lemon slices. Lemony asparagus spears garnished with dill accompanied the fish and I plopped the fish and vegetables on a bed of garlicky jasmine rice seasoned with turmeric. I also made a creamy lemon and garlic sauce that tasted great on the fish. It was a fun dinner: new, fun to prepare, and delicious. 

No comments: