Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 04-09-2024: One More Nap, *Fresh Air* Looks Back at *Curb Your Enthusiasm*, Delicious Corn Chowder

 1. This morning it seemed to me that if I took one more nap, I might get myself back on track again and feel less out of whack. I got a bit sleep deprived over the weekend and on into Monday and this morning, and I'm happy to report that my nap late this morning worked. I sprang into the afternoon feeling as spry as I possibly can and was ready to get myself moving again.

2. Revived, I blasted out to the Fitness Center. I exercised for about an hour. I could feel the effect of my four day lay off, but it wasn't a big deal. What was a big deal was getting my old body back in motion again and burning some calories. 

I listened to a Fresh Air retrospective of Curb Your Enthusiasm. As a way of paying tribute to the show coming to an end, Fresh Air's television critic, David Bianculli, reflected on the arc of the show's development and made predictions regarding what he thought would happen in the show's final episode. The rest of the program was a sampling of past interviews, going back as far as twenty years, with cast members and others involved in making Curb Your Enthusiasm. 

Ironically, most of the interviewees did not curb their enthusiasm as they talked about their work on the show. Just the opposite. They exuded enthusiasm. 

3.  I returned home, fortified by proper rest and a solid hour of huffing and puffing, and fixed a pot of HelloFresh corn chowder with green peppers and Old Bay seasoning toast. The chowder was rich, creamy, and full of flavor and it was simple to make. I wanted a bracing evening meal and this chowder more than fulfilled my wish. 

No comments: