Saturday, April 13, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 04-12-2024: A Respite from Offers, Making Tentative Plans, The Lounge Was Hoppin'

1. Ed, Mike, Terry, Jake, and I have a three night trip to the Wildhorse Resort planned for this upcoming week, Tues through Friday morning. I had already told the staff at the transplant clinic that I would be unavailable for kidney offers from April 15-19. First thing this morning, after having three offers over the last ten days, I expanded my time of being unavailable to include today and the weekend. 

When I am available for offers, which is most of the time, I'm always aware that at any moment a transplant coordinator could call and that another period of waiting and possibly fasting would begin. I wouldn't go so far as to say I dread these calls, but I will say it lightens my mind to know I won't get a call over the next nine days.

2. At 1:00 this afternoon, about eight members of the KHS Class of 1972 met at Diane's house over snacks to begin planning for a 70th birthday party later this year. It's too early for me to divulge details. But, we had a calm and easy meeting and have some good ideas on the table for how and where we might celebrate. As soon as things are nailed down more firmly, I'll be sending out notices to announce what's going on. 

I don't want to put information out now that might have to be changed later. 

3. After the meeting, Jake, Carol Lee and strolled into The Lounge, sat down at a table, and started yakkin'. Before long the Shannons arrived, then Bucky and Debbie, and, a bit later, Diane and Debbie joined the table. We had a blast telling stories, laughing, acting like experts about this and that, and enjoying one another's company. 

We weren't the only animated table in The Lounge. The Moores and friends crowded around a table next to us and down toward the north end of The Lounge, Harley and Candy and a crowd of fun people were enjoying each other at another table. 

The Lounge was hoppin'!  

No comments: