Sunday, April 21, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 04-20-2024: Exercising with *Jukebox Diner*, Quick Trip to CdA, Easy Chicken Dinner

 1. It felt good to return to the Fitness Center after being absent for over a week. I especially enjoyed dialing up Lou Simon's Sirius/XM radio show, Jukebox Diner, using the Sirius/XM app and listening to callers making their requests and hearing songs I wouldn't listen to on my own. On his April 7th show, Lou Simon got worked up as he disagreed with a caller's interpretation of Carly Simon's "That's the Way I've Always Heard It  Should Be" and, on his April 14th show, he returned to talking about that call, offered his explication of the lyric, apologized to the caller for getting his dander up, and played the song again. Later, the caller, named Steve, called in again and he and Lou made peace, reached a detente.

2. I wanted a haircut. I wanted to go to Costco. Therefore, I blasted over to CdA in the Camry. My trip was a success. I got right in at Supercuts and was back out in no time. I fueled up at Costco and had a good time stocking up on a few supplies in the store. 

3. Back in Kellogg, I shopped a little more at Yoke's and decided not to join Debbie at The Lounge. Instead, I put four chicken drumsticks in our cast iron skillet along with a small handful of baby Yukon potatoes, baked them, and steamed a pack of frozen broccoli and cauliflower. 

Debbie returned home and we enjoyed this nifty, easy, tasty little meal and, as a bonus, Debbie packed leftovers for her lunch on Monday. 

No comments: