Saturday, April 27, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 04-26-2024: More Tom Petty, Crossword Challenges, Superb Take Out Dinner

1. Listening to episodes of Tom Petty's Buried Treasures show while doing a little cardio at the Fitness Center keeps me very happy while I exercise. 

2. As the weekdays come to an end, The New York Times crossword puzzles are increasingly challenging. It took me a good chunk of time, and some help from the World Wide Web, but today I felt some satisfaction as I completed the Friday puzzle. The Saturday puzzle pops up online at 7 p.m. on Friday, so I got started on it, but realized after a while that I needed to let it go, get some sleep, and return to it with a rested mind on Saturday. 

3. Debbie texted me from The Beanery wondering if I'd like it if she brought home dinner from there. Am I ever glad I said yes! We split a superb chicken pesto sandwich, servings of quinoa and baked potato salad, and a small bag of BBQ potato chips. Totally out of sight take out food! 

No comments: