Saturday, April 20, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 04-19-2024: Going to Roosters with Rooster, Easy Driving, Sweet Fatigue

1. Sometime in the last, oh, forty to fifty years, guys Ed worked with began calling him Rooster. I've always called Ed Ed, but I've known for a long time that he's had this nickname. 

Well, for many years now I've joined guys I grew up with at the Wildhorse Resort once or twice a year for a few days of food, socializing, gambling, and relaxation. 

Every year, coming in or going out of Pendleton, we've seen a billboard advertising a Pendleton restaurant called Roosters Country Kitchen. 

Every year, Ed and I have said something to the effect of "we really ought to eat there some time". 

We never did.

Until today.

Terry and Jake headed home earlier than Ed, Mike, and I, but while we enjoyed our nightcap on Thursday night, Ed, Mike, and I agreed to go to Roosters for breakfast after we checked out of the resort. 

Now we'll go back every time we go to Pendleton.

Under the care of a friendly, attentive, and energetic server, Ed and Mike were very happy with their breakfast steak and I thoroughly enjoyed the spinach mushroom omelette I ordered. 

Breakfast at Roosters was a perfect way for the three of us to conclude our time in Pendleton together. 

2. Ed and I had an uneventful trip back to the Silver Valley. We made a quick stop at the Country Mercantile just north of the Tri-Cities. Driving conditions were easy and traffic was safe and sane out on the open freeway and as we made our way, easily, through Spokane, Post Falls, and Coeur D' Alene. 

3. Back home, Copper seemed unfazed by my absence and equally unfazed by my return! He fared very well under Debbie's care while I was away. 

The drive from Pendleton to Kellogg involves a little over four hours of actual driving time. 

It's not that much driving, but all the same, when I arrived home I was ready for a nap and I went to bed pretty early.

I was tired, but it was a sweet tired.

The three nights hanging out with lifelong friends and having a great dinner with Colette was a blast.  

No comments: