Thursday, April 25, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 04-24-2024: The Washing Machine Didn't Walk Away, Slow Weight Loss, A Fun Tortellini Dinner

1. In the past, when I've put the queen sized blankets from my bed in the washing machine, it's made the machine rock violently during the spin cycle and try to walk away!  Each time I thought I'd balanced the load, but I guess I hadn't. 

Today, I decided to see what would happen if, instead of taking the blanket to the laundromat, I tried putting them in our machine again.

You know what happened? 

NOTHING!

I divided the blankets into two loads and felt a great sense of triumph (!) when both loads cycled through peacefully and my blankets were clean.

2. I did a lot of writing today -- more on that at a later date -- and I didn't want to leave my laundering project unattended, so, as far as exercise goes, I took a day off. 

I'm happy to say, though, that my slow, not always steady, effort to lose weight continues to move in the right direction. I set goals for myself in five pound increments and I just surpassed my most recent goal. It took several weeks, but I've tried not to get anxious about the slow pace of my weight loss. I just do my best to stay the course. 

3. Debbie and I enjoyed our chicken dinner very much Tuesday evening. Our remaining HelloFresh bag is also a chicken dinner and we decided to do something different tonight. 

Drawing upon things I've learned from preparing HelloFresh meals, tonight I sautéed a half a white onion and, when the onion got tender, I added finely chopped cloves of garlic. To this mixture, I added all the spinach we had left. At the same time, I boiled a batch of frozen tortellinis and I roasted panko in butter.

Soon, I pulled it all together. I put the boiled tortellini in the pan with the onion, garlic, and spinach and topped it with the roasted panko and added chopped green onion bits.

Had this been a HelloFresh meal, I'm sure the bag would have included ingredients for a sauce, white or red, but Debbie and I had decided we didn't want a sauce.

We loved this sauceless meal! 

It's a dinner we'll return to again.  

No comments: