Thursday, April 11, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 04-10-2024: Early Stage of Another Kidney Offer, *Jukebox Diner* at the Fitness Center, Debbie Fixes a Great Dinner

1. At 8:00 this evening (Wednesday), I received a call from a transplant coordinator. A donor has died. The donor's two kidneys are potentially available for transplant and I might be in line for one. 

That's it. 

I answered some screening questions and when I said, "Now do I just wait for the next phone call?" the coordinator replied, "Yes". 

No news yet. 

2. I got in a good hour of exercise today at the Fitness Center. It felt good to be getting back into this routine today and yesterday after it was interrupted over the weekend and I was so tired on Monday. Today I enhanced the pleasure of my exercise by listening to first hour or so of the April 7th broadcast of Lou Simon's Jukebox Diner on my Sirius/XM app. Lou Simon's selections and his conversations with people calling really worked for me. 

3. Back home, Debbie told me she'd fix dinner tonight. Great! I had been to Yoke's earlier and bought a bunch of vegetables to use in a stir fry, but I was delighted that Debbie wanted to serve the potato pancakes she made and froze a week ago accompanied by perfectly prepared asparagus spears and mushrooms.  

No comments: