Saturday, July 6, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 07-05-2024: No Covid Drama, AC/DC 101, Prescriptions Delivered by Mail

1. Ah! Just what I wanted today. No Covid drama. I felt good. Yes, I napped a little, but that probably had as much to do with an erratic night of sleep Thursday night/Friday morning. That's to be expected with liberty blasts going off around our neighborhood past midnight. 

2. AC/DC has been putting out records for nearly fifty years. I was always aware of their big hits -- many of those songs just seemed to be in the air and would get played on MTV, on classic rock radio stations, in watering holes I patronized, and other places. 

Today, however, was the first day ever that I decided to learn more about the band, watch and listen to interviews, seek out more AC/DC live performances on YouTube, and I totally enjoyed this plunge into their history, learning more about their approaches to rock n roll and performing, and how they've navigated tragedy and other challenges over the course of their band's history. 

AC/DC got to me in a wild way once before when Debbie's brother David took me for a high speed ride through the back streets of Arlington Heights, IL in his Mustang Cobra on a Taco Bell run with AC/DC as the soundtrack to his dare devilry. That day, Dave was definitely TNT. 

Today, I found the interviews surprisingly touching and I was also unexpectedly moved by the invigorating connection that was so apparent between the band and their huge followers. The energy, the joy, the pure fun of it all really got to me. 

3. To close, a few words of gratitude regarding my medications. Currently, following the kidney transplant, I am taking ten different medications in a variety of doses, some twice a day, some once a day, some only at 8 a.m., some only at 8 p.m. The transplant team changes my dosages from time to time and so I spend a bit of time making sure I have the right pills and the right amount in the right slots in the pillbox the transplant program issued me.

I'm not having any trouble keeping my medications straight as far as when to take what and I have an alarm set on my cell phone to remind me when it's pill time. 

Today, five bottles of pills arrived in the mail. 

I'm enrolled in the hospital pharmacy's program to have my medications mailed to me and I am very grateful for this service. 

The pharmacists who run this program take care of everything. I don't have to request refills, meaning I don't have to keep track of when refills are due. The pharmacists take care of that and, if they need to talk with me about a delivery, they call me. And if I'm concerned about anything regarding my prescriptions, I can call them and when I do, they are really really helpful.

Not having to call in refills, not having to pick up my pills, not having to worry about managing when refills are due is a huge relief and has contributed most positively to my feelings of deep satisfaction with how I'm being served by Providence Sacred Heart and the Credena pharmacy. 

No comments: