Saturday, July 27, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 07-26-2024: Bagel Surprise, Chicken Dinner, Yakkin' on the Patio

1. This morning Rebecca, baker and co-owner of Beach Bum Bakery, texted me. I haven't been to the bakery since before the May 11th surgery. Rebecca noted that she hadn't seen me for a while. She knows I love Beach Bum's bagels and she let me know that she had eight bagels left over from Thursday and wondered if I'd like to purchase them and pick them up in Silverton at the Silver Mountain Manor where Beach Bum's baking kitchen is located. 

I did want those bagels! I sent Rebecca an online payment and blasted up to Silverton and picked up the bagels a while later. 

That was a fun and unexpected morning delight! 

2. I thawed four chicken thighs today and by around 5:00 or so they were ready to bake. I put the thighs in a ziplock bag and insta-marinated them with olive oil, soy sauce, fresh squeezed lemon juice, salt, and pepper. I shook the bag, removed the thighs, put them in a baking pan and covered them with sesame seeds. 

About forty minutes or so into the chicken's baking time, I made a pot of couscous and I cooked a combo of white onion, zucchini, and frozen corn kernels seasoned with tarragon. 

As I hoped, the insta-marinate flavored the chicken deliciously and Debbie and I both enjoyed the side dish of couscous and vegetables with our meat. 

It was a simple dinner and a very satisfying one. 

3. Christy and Tracy came over to our patio and the four of us visited until, until SHOCK!, it got too chilly to stay outside. The days in Kellogg have cooled off and the evenings and night temperatures are plunging into the 50s! 

We yakked about a bunch of different stuff ranging from the relocation of Garrenteed BBQ to Smelterville to the Olympic Games to Paint and Pinot at Nocturn on Sunday to Christy and Tracy's plans for the next few days and Christy's plans for next weekend. 

No comments: