Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 07-22-2024: Sube Attention, Dinner at Home, Catching Up

1. I'm on a two week schedule now for having labs done for the transplant team. I'm on a four week schedule now for visits to the clinic. Because of a test the team wanted run this week to help assess whether any signs of rejection are present, I needed to have this week's labs drawn at Sacred Heart. 

No problem. 

I was going to go in today, but since I had some leeway and since I was getting the Sube's battery checked out at Silver Valley Tire Center and since Debbie needed the Camry today, I decided to wait until Tuesday to go to Spokane.

The Sube needed a new battery and I had an oil change performed while they had the car in. Later this week I'll have the front brakes checked -- I think they need some routine attention and I'll see (not at Silver Valley Tire) about getting the a/c running again in the Sube. 

2. Carol and Paul hosted a big family dinner this evening, but Debbie and I opted not to attend. Debbie isn't feeling 100% and, with the heat, I was pretty sure tonight's family dinner would be indoors, with as many as a dozen people seated around a single table, and I'm not ready for that kind of set up yet. 

So we stayed home and I fixed a delicious HelloFresh rice bowl that combined ground turkey, steamed green beans, chili sauce, a soy glaze, and fresh lime juice.  I served these ingredients over jasmine rice and topped it all with crispy fried onions and cilantro. 

I prepared this meal in the wok, a great idea.

It worked. 

3. I just can't seem to do everything. 

Ha!

I got absorbed by reading and working acrostic puzzles and my usual practice of working NYTimes crossword puzzles fell by the wayside. 

So, I spent my free time today getting caught up and completed last week's Thursday, Friday, and Saturday puzzles and got this week's Sunday puzzle started. 


No comments: