Friday, July 12, 2024

Three Beautiful Things 07-11-2024: Morning Visit With Terry, Relaxing Day, Pork Schnitzel HelloFresh Style

1. After Terry Turner left last night to return to his room, I wondered if maybe we could spend some more time together this morning, so I invited him over for coffee and a bagel. (I would have fixed a fancier breakfast, but we were in between shopping trips and low on groceries.)

Terry accepted my invitation and we had a great time yakkin', watching action from the first round of the Scottish Open, drinking coffee, and enjoying a bagel. 

An awesome morning -- after a couple of hours, Terry headed out. Next stop: Missoula. 

2. I continued to relax the day away with word puzzles and blogging. A lengthy heat wave is underway and I'm very grateful that our home cooling system keeps things both safe and comfortable inside. 

3. I fixed HelloFresh's version of pork schnitzel tonight for dinner. Rather than turn on the oven and roast the potatoes and broccoli, I boiled the spuds and steamed the broccoli. The schnitzel was easy and fun to make. I put sour cream in the bottom of flat bottomed bowl, coated the pork chops with sour cream, and then put the meat in a zip lock bag into which I had put panko, lemon zest, and garlic powder, and shook it up. I fried the coated pork and topped one side with a sauce made up of mayo, honey, and Dijon mustard.

I enjoyed eating this meal, but, even more, I liked learning a way to use panko and boneless pork chops to make a fun meal I'd never considered until today. 

No comments: